Thursday, January 17, 2008

Corporate Filmse now

So after sayin bye bye to KK, I started working with Tushar Ajgaonkar.

I had met Tushar when I had come to Mumbai in 2002 after completing my engineering. We used to live in a small room in a slum in Andheri and used to think of making it big in the media industry.

Tushar was very clear about becoming a film director from those days. I obviously thought getting into advertising itslef was a big deal. In any case, Tushar and I drifted apart when I left for Gurgaon to do an MBA. We kept in touch sporadically through the odd fone call or orkut scrap.

Around the time I was contemplating quitting KK, I called Tushar and learnt that he was now working at an ad film production house. I met up with him and learnt that he had recently started his own small company within the same production house and was looking to make a documentary. He asked me to join him and I agreed coz I was anyways done with KK and his shit work.

So we started working together. In the last 3 months or so, we have made one documentary and 3 corporate AVs. Have learnt quite a bit about the entire film making process on these projects.

So looks like its gonna be corporate films for a while now...dunno how I am gonna get back into feature films any time soon. But am liking the work I am doing here right from scripting to shooting to editing. Also, finally am earning some money. Thats a nice change!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I always liked your writing .. you should continue to pen your thoughts ...
Tk care

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites