Wednesday, January 24, 2007

When will the guns start blazing?!!!

So I guess my blog has become a place which I visit every 3 months or so...
Ok now its 6 months in media.. and nothin much has happened... may be I should stop cribbing like this, I mean I aint no Sameer Nair or Tarun Katial (yet) to be doing big launches and announcements on a daily basis... its gonna be a while before I start seeing my name on agencyfaqs and exchange4 media... and the sooner I reconcile to this fact, the better it is for me...

So the point is that things havent moved much in the last 3 months... am still hoping the B R films confirm the release dates for Water and Naya Daur... am still hoping Eros finalizes the release date for Nanhe Jaisalmer... and am still hoping that someday I'll be able to present the Om Shanti Om plan to Shahrukh Khan... in between have made umpteen other presentations... and yeah executed this deal with ESPN for Bhagambhag... hardly any portfolio of work for my 6 months in media...

The next 6 months... am hoping that the above hopes get fulfilled... and am hoping that atleast one of the AFPs works out... have Crossword, Asian Paints, Coke and X Box on my radar for that. And am hoping that I get some creative satisfaction... am hoping that I get a nice idea for that absolutely amazing script that I've been wanting to write for a while now.... and am hoping that I will have to stop worrying about money...

Got frustrated with this place about a week ago and started preparing my resume... applied to a couple of places.. got a call for the post of Manager - Film Marketing from Shemaroo... decided to chicken out as I was not confident I'll be able to manage such responsibility yet... then the Boss sensed the frustration (actually the accountant here turned out to be a mole and he went and told the boss that I was printin my resume)... so a discussion about my intentions... Boss gave me advice about why I should be patient and stick around... why I am a good employee coz I have passion (which is rare to find...) and finally why she needs to be sure that I will stick around so that she can invest in me (in terms of job responsibility and exposure)... and then the demand that I should be signing a 2 year contract....

Then I go about how much I respect her words and the fact that she sees me as a crucial part of the organization... the cribs about nothing moving workwise and the abysmally low salary levels and the fact that my peers have moved way ahead monetarily...

A couple of days down the line, I negotiated the contract period to 1 year and asked for a 9 lakh salary... from a current salary of 3.6 lakhs... had arrived at 9 lakhs after three sleepless nights wonderin what was I worth... Boss expectedly flipped... but not as much as I'd imagined... we discussed and then I used a few wrong words.. and it started looking like all i wanted to do was earn the 9 lakhs, serve out the notice period and push off to more lucrative opportunities...Well the boss is currently in Goa and the decision would be closed on Monday... in all likelihood she's gonna ask me to sign for 2 years... am wonderin what to do in that scenario... is 2 years too long a period to be tied down to an organization... My Dad worked at the same place for frickin 30 years... should I take that as an inspiration or a lesson I should learn from.. I'll never know...

All I know is that I'd ideally like to work hard... do good work... work with fun people.. nice people.. fair people... earn lots of money...know that I'll never be taken advantage of... but I dont feel like that here... yet... so wat shud I do... but then does anyone anywhere ever feel like that??? But atleast I'm respected here... my efforts are lauded and my work appreciated... would 2 years be too long a period to commit.,..

I guess it boils down to trust... beleif that I'll be treated fairly and not be exploited... and the only way they can show that to me is by paying me what I deserve... so lets see what happens on Monday...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the blog about black ds lite nintendo found it very informative. I found a good website which also features black ds lite nintendo and black ds lite nintendo. The link is great for **uk bargains** including Nintendo Wii, PS2, PS3, games consoles and features famous online stores inc Argos, Marks and Spencer, Empire Direct, LX Direct, Tesco, Next. There is also a chance to play online bingo and try your luck at the online gambling sites available inc roulette, poker and fruit machines. I've also found another site for **free soccer links**. Hope you find these sites interesting - all the best!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites