Thursday, June 15, 2006

The 5 minute arbit post!

So I am sitting in office and getting really bored designing tools for an In-Basket exercise which is one of the tools that will be used in the Assessement centre for senior managers in one of India's largest companies who's name I cant divulge because of obvious reasons. I am bored to death revising it so many times over and have decided to take a 5 minute break and subject my blog to verbal diarrhoea (only something so disgusting can have such a disgusting spelling)... So here goes 5 minutes (now 4 1/2 mins) of absolutely arbit typing...

I hate the way women are potrayed in these Saas Bahu serials... worse are the huge bill board ads all over mumbai. The first one has these three bahus shown as puppets with the strings in the hands of their father in law and the tag line goes - "Kya sanskaaron ka matlab isharon par chalna hai?" And there's one more which goes sumthin like "Har agnipariskha degi Vaidehi" or whoever that woman is! Now I would think advertising like this would appeal to women in Bihar or Jharkhand... someone should shoot these serial wallahs for being in a time warp and making the same saas-bahu crap again and again! Thanks to these serials, we are not seeing any evolution in India television content. When will we have shows which will take television to a new level... there's not one TV serial worth watching... except maybe "Dil Kya Chahta hai" on Star One. And if u r thinking - "Hey even Remix is a nice serial"... well I have the two oft used words for u! Tia ko khana khana hai, Tia ko Ghumne jaana hai... Tia teri ma ki %&$&$^&!

Football - Last nites match between KSA and Tunisia was just too good. Missed the one between Spain and Ukraine, but then not really killing myself for it. I wud much rather be witness to matches that are close finishes where one team scores, the other equalizes and then the other team scores and then it hangs on till the last minute of extra time... and then there is yet another equalizer. Last night's match was just that... and I loved it!

Also, last few days in office, dont feel like working but still doing sincere work, dont want people to say that I turned into an irresponsible employee since I was leaving this company. Is it my work ethic or is it part of my nature that tries to please everyone. Am i a sucker of compliments? Uncomfortable questions...

5 minute khatam, back to tool design!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites